1 Year (2 terms)
Per academic year (2 terms) estimate*
Are you a working professional with a focus on human resources (HR) or management who dreams of playing a lead role in caring for an organization’s most important asset – its people?
As a Human Resources Management graduate, you possess specialized knowledge in labour law, occupational health and safety, labour relations and compensation and recruitment, enabling you to work in all aspects of HR.
- Designed to complement prior education in other disciplines.
- Study in the heart of downtown Toronto and gain access to the significant employment and entertainment opportunities offered by Canada's largest and most multicultural city.
- Professors have significant HR industry experience.
- Applied learning opportunities including an internship with 300 hours of practical HR experience.
- Connect with industry leaders via guest speakers, alumni, industry events and associations including the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA).
Courses required to write the Comprehensive Knowledge Examination (CKE) in order to achieve your Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation, must have an overall average of 70 percent, with no course mark below 65 percent.
- Benefits coordinator
- Compensation specialist
- Human resources generalist
- Labour relations officer
- Occupational health and safety coordinator
- Pension and benefit administrator
- Recruitment coordinator or recruiter
- Talent acquisition specialist
- Training and development coordinator
- Post-secondary education transcripts and graduation diploma* (minimum of 2 years of post-secondary studies; 2-year College diploma or a Bachelor's degree) AND
- Proof of English proficiency
*Please check country-specific program requirements as graduation diploma may not be applicable and only transcripts are required.
- Students are responsible for their own transportation in order to complete program requirements which may not be readily accessible by public transportation.
Program requirements could include co-ops, placements, volunteer requirements, practical labs, field projects, assignments, clinicals, or any other off-campus visits required as part of the program’s curriculum.
Eligible applications will be placed on a waiting list
Not accepting applications
No longer offered this term
The post-graduate certificate is a great supplement to my university degree ]...] The internship component allowed me the opportunity to network with future employers, colleagues and clients, while gaining experience in various industries.