Government of Canada Lightens Border Measures
February 17, 2022
The Government of Canada recently announced the easing of border measures. To read the full release, click here. As of February 28th 2022 at 12:01AM (Eastern Standard Time), the following updates for all international travellers will take effect:
- The Government of Canada will be easing the on-arrival testing for fully-vaccinated travelers. However, travelers will be randomly selected for arrival testing. Travelers will no longer be required to quarantine while waiting for test results.
- There is no longer a requirement to quarantine if you are fully vaccinated.
- Unvaccinated foreign travelers will not be permitted to enter Canada unless they meet one of the few exemptions. To understand if you can enter Canada, if you are not vaccinated, please use the Canadian government travel wizard.
- Travelers will now have the option of using a COVID-19 rapid antigen test result (taken the day before their scheduled flight or arrival via a marine or land border). Alternatively, travelers can still take a molecular test no more than 72 hours before their scheduled flight or arrival at a land or marine border). For the full list of acceptable COVID tests that you can take, please click here. Please note at the time of this announcement, the list of accepted COVID tests have not been updated, please check again after February 28th, 2022.
- Students will still need valid immigration documents to travel to Canada. Additionally, they will still need to use the ArriveCAN application to submit their travel details. For more information and a checklist of items needed please click here.
- Students will still need to email firstname.lastname@example.org two (2) weeks before they travel so that our team can review their immigration/vaccination documents. Our team will also issue students travel support letters for travel.
- If you are planning on taking Air Canada, please email email@example.com to obtain a 15% off discount code for flights. Restrictions and conditions apply.
If at any time you would like to reach out to us regarding travel plans, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team would be happy to help you.
Happy travels and we hope to see you soon!
Student Services Team
*Please note that the information in this bulletin is subject to change at any time and NCT accepts no liabilities for any discrepancies. Please consult the Government of Canada website for the most up to date information.
December, 1, 2023
November, 20, 2023
August, 11, 2023
August, 4, 2023
July, 7, 2023
May, 31, 2023
April, 17, 2023
March, 3, 2023