NCT Fall 2021 Term Update
June 22, 2021
As Niagara College – Toronto (NCT) continues to closely monitor current and projected public health measures, vaccination rates and other factors, a modified on-campus learning option is anticipated for the Fall 2021 term.
The health and well-being of the student community remains NCT’s number one priority. The Fall 2021 academic plan is contingent on public health directives, improved conditions and an expected loosening of restrictions in Toronto and Ontario by September.
For the Fall 2021 term only, NCT expects to deliver programs through a hybrid flexible (HyFlex) learning model, giving NCT students some flexibility to choose their preferred learning format. Students can choose to attend some courses in-person at our NCT Toronto campus with the remaining courses online, or to continue fully online.
Students who choose to attend in-person will be required to adhere to all COVID-19 safety protocols. We will continue to monitor the evolution of the pandemic, reinforcing strict safety measures, including campus sanitization, as well as providing support and resources to help students transition.
- For students who are unable to travel to Canada for their studies this Fall 2021 term, or choose not to attend in-person, NCT programs will continue to also be delivered entirely online for the Fall term.
- For students intending to travel to Canada, please refer to latest Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) guidelines available on their website. All students entering Canada will be required to adhere to safety protocols outlined by Health Canada.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
1. What is the HyFlex model?
The hybrid flexible (HyFlex) learning model means that courses are delivered in-person and online at the same time, by the same faculty member. Students can choose to attend some courses in-person at our NCT campus with the remaining courses online, or continue fully online.
2. I am planning to arrive in Canada and attend classes in-person. Which days will I be able to select in order to attend classes in-person?
Select days for in-person classes will vary per program. Each in-person class will require students to pre-register via our learning management system (Canvas) to confirm their participation on a first-come, first-serve basis. The number of seats available for in-person classes will be based on total class size and social distancing requirements.
3. When should I let NCT know about in-person participation?
Upon the student’s arrival to Toronto, we encourage them to confirm in-person participation as soon as pre-registration becomes available on Canvas. Pre-registration is typically published a week prior to class.
4. How many students are allowed for in-person classes?
The number of students vary by classroom size, and are based on social distancing requirements. Each class may have anywhere between 15 to 40 students.
5. How long would an in-person session be?
An in-person session is the same duration as an online session. Each session is three (3) hours long on average.
December, 1, 2023
November, 20, 2023
August, 11, 2023
August, 4, 2023
July, 7, 2023
May, 31, 2023
April, 17, 2023
March, 3, 2023